<< BACK TO FAQ
The A to Z of the Withdrawal Agreement negotiating process is illustrated in this infographic. Please scroll down to the end.
Joint Committee Trade Deal negotiations were set up to be every three weeks. Due to the coronavirus outbreak, however, several EU countries already in lockdown. Thus the second round of negotiations scheduled for 18-20 March did not take place.
- 2 – 5 March | 20 – 24 April | 11 – 15 May | 1 – 4 June Negotiations via teleconferences
- 1 July EU-UK Summit – Deadline: Extension period request
- 26 November – Negotiations end
- 26 November to 31 December – EU internal deadline to start ratification
- 31 December – Transition period ends
- 1 January 2021 – New EU/UK deal or WTO rules will govern trade or transition extension/pause starts
- 31 December 2023 – Extension period ends if agreed